January 31, 2014

Head Cold

It appears that I am the only one in this house that is healthy right now. Well, the bunnies too. So three out of the five of us.

Master has a head cold. It started a couple of days ago with what just seemed like really bad sinuses, which is what we automatically assumed since His sinuses bother Him every day anyway. Some days are worse than others. So whatever. But the next day His throat felt scratchy and kind of sore. By the third day we both realized that He has a head cold. He's been sneezing and coughing and blowing His nose a lot. But at least He doesn't have a fever. I keep a close eye on Him when He's sick just because it can escalate rather quickly and turn into an ER visit. So far so good though. He does sound a little better today than He did yesterday. He has been able to get a bit more sleep than usual so I'm hoping that it helps speed up Him getting over it.

I have a rather strong immune system so I'm not really worried about catching it. And even if I did I have a feeling it would bother me for a day or two and then I'd be fine. When I do actually get sick though it knocks me on my ass. Hard. So there are up sides and down sides to it.


Even the dog isn't feeling well. He got sick twice today and we had to give him a benadryl. Thankfully he thinks they are treats, so it's really easy to give them to him.

I hope Master feels better soon. I hate it when He's sick. There isn't a lot I can do about it and I worry because I know that if it mutates into something else it can get serious rather fast.

He hates cold medicine. So He tries to avoid it for as long as He can. Since it's not too bad I can't really claim health issue and override Him. But on my way home from work I stopped at the store and got Him honey cough drops. He likes those at least. He puts them in His coffee.

We have a clause in our dynamic where if it's a health concern the dynamic goes out in the window in so far as I get really fucking bossy. Like I will literally tell Him to sit the fuck down and I'll get something for Him. That's only if He's really sick though. But yeah. I get bossy with Him and He listens, most of the time. I become a bitch of a nurse. *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment