January 6, 2014

Battery Issues

Well it's currently -45° out. I took the dog out and he did his business so fast I think he broke some kind of record. After I got him back inside I went out to try and start my car and she didn't want to do it. She tried and then made this "da da da da" noise. I tried again about 20 minutes later and same result. I tried one last time right before 8am and same mother fucking result. I don't know why I thought it would be any different. Fuck!! The cold had sucked out all the power in the battery. So I call my job and told them. I had to call HR of all people because apparently I had the wrong number for my supervisor. She doesn't like me, at all. She actually sounded somewhat understanding. Does that mean I won't get in trouble for not coming into work and being out of time? No. She's a cunt. It's also company policy not to go over your time without disciplinary action. Now, keeping that in mind, it is up to HR as to whether or not it's warranted. Such as if there is an emergency they won't go through with the disciplinary action. Does a dead battery count? No idea. And like I said, she's a cunt. Hopefully she is wasn't being a two faced bitch on the phone and it's actually true that she understands. I did tell her that I literally have no other way to work. I really don't. I'm not making that shit up. Either way I'll now have to work Saturday to make up the time.

After I got off the phone with her I called the place I got my battery from last time. I honestly thought I had bought it last year. They looked up my receipt in their system and nope. I bought it two years ago and therefore the warranty has expired.

So I asked them how much their batteries are. They told me. Batteries are never cheap. I then asked if they could install it. They said that yes they do free installation but they don't think they can do it today due to the cold. It will take at least 35 minutes to put it in and they don't want to give their employees frostbite since no one is supposed to be outside for more than 5 minutes. I completely understand that. After all they don't have a garage. They are an auto parts store that does free installation. But the guy said when the manager gets in he'll ask. The manager doesn't get there until 1pm. So I told them I would call back at that time.

This fucking blows! I'll have to figure something out so I can at least get to work tomorrow. And it's supposed to be just as cold tomorrow until around noon or so. Even if I do some how, some way, get the battery replaced today it's not going to make a fuck ton of sense to go in today. It's supposed to be even colder by the time I would normally get out of work. I don't need to be stranded out there thank you very much.

My brother just sent me a text saying his girlfriend had tried to go to work and the car started up fine but she is now stranded because her car sputtered out about a half hour away from her job due to the cold. I don't like the girl but I felt bad for my brother. I told him not to risk himself and have her just call an emergency number or for him to give her a non-emergency number, such as the local police station, and go from there.

I'll probably edit this post through out the day and do updates once I find out more, just so I can vent a bit.

2 comments:

  1. tough luck with the battery. did you make it to work today? Good luck with the frigid cold
    SirMike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I updated with a new post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete