January 20, 2014

Walks

I know I live in Wisconsin. And I know that winter comes every year. I'm not an idiot. However, I'm ready for spring. Well, that's a lie. I'm ready for fall. That is my favorite season and if could be like that all the time I would be a very happy girl.

After those -50° days we had only a couple of weeks back, I was ready right then and there for spring. I'm sick of driving in snow. Not because it's a bitch, which it can be, but because I'm tired of worrying about the people driving around me. They make no damn sense. It will be near blizzard conditions and people are flying around at 80mph. Then you have days like today where it was snowing, but it wasn't much at all. The interstate roads were clear and yet time and time again I got stuck behind someone doing fifteen below the speed limit. What. The. Fuck.

Aside from not having to bundle up each time I walk out the door and being able to drive without worrying about fishtailing, I miss walking with Master and the mutt.

Last summer and fall we took walks to get some exercise and fresh air. The dog had a lot of fun too. Master was doing most of the walking because I work during the day. So He would take the mutt for longer walks to kill time and to have fun with the mutt.

But when it was the weekend I would go with them. They weren't extremely long walks, but they were a good sized walk. The pup would get so excited because we would both be with him. We also ran a couple of close errands that way too.

Rather than hopping in the car we would walk down to the store with the dog. Master would stand outside with him while I went in and grabbed whatever it was we wanted to grab. There were several times where we took the walk rather late at night because it was much cooler and because we're night owls anyway.

So, I look forward to spring so we get stop bundling up and so we can start taking walks together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment