February 12, 2014

Mr. Sandman

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me lately, but it really needs to stop.

My sleep schedule is so fucked right now. I go to bed on time, and sometimes fall asleep on the couch before Master wakes me up to send me to bed. What's weird is that when I'm sleeping on the couch in the living room while He is awake I sleep great. It may not look like the most comfortable thing to do but because I'm petite and short, I can get comfortable on the couch rather easily. So I'll rest my head on one of the throw pillows, wrap myself up in my throw blanket and out I go. But when I'm in bed I can't stay asleep for long, regardless of whether or not I fell asleep on the couch first.

Two nights ago I woke up a minimum of six times. I say minimum because I kind of lost count of how many times I woke up and looked at the clock for no damn reason. There were no loud noises, the dog wasn't trying to wake me up, Master didn't wake me up accidentally or anything along those lines.

I would just wake up and then worry that I had slept through my alarm only to roll over and look at the clock and realize that I actually had another four hours before I had to get up. Seriously? What the fuck?

It's been like that for about the past month. Some nights are better than others. But it has been a long time since I've slept through the night without waking up at all before my alarm goes off. Too long.

To try and fix that I took a benadryl last night before I went to bed. That stuff makes me drowsy so sometimes I'll take it right before bed in the hopes that it'll knock me out and keep me out. It kind of worked. I only woke up once before my alarm. And I had about two hours of sleep left. Thankfully I was able to fall back asleep almost immediately.

I don't know why the fuck this is happening. I don't really know how to fix it. But I figure that as long as I get some semblance of sleep, I'll be okay. I'm just really hoping that I'll have a nice streak going on where I don't wake up until I have to. Getting through an entire week would be wonderful, but some how I doubt that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment