February 25, 2014

Day by Day

Well, the interview yesterday went well I think. They told me that they would make up their mind by the end of this week. So basically, if I don't hear from them by the end of the business day on Friday, I don't have the job. But my spirits are still lifted because if nothing else, at least I got an interview already under my belt and it makes me feel hopeful for the future.

I've been keeping on top of the whole unemployment benefits thing. I can file my first claim this upcoming Sunday. They requested more information, so I filled out the form I received in the mail today and faxed it to them as soon as I was finished with it. We don't have a fax machine at home so I went to our local library to send it via fax.

I got a couple of things completed today aside from that. I ran a couple of quick errands, but at least I felt useful. This whole not going to work every day thing is kind of messing with me. And it hasn't even been a full week yet. That whole breaking a routine schedule is difficult after having one set in stone for so long. I know I always complained that I wanted an extra day off of work here or there, but all I wanted was a breather. Plus, who doesn't want an extra day off?

But this? This is ridiculous. Hopefully I will find a new job soon and hopefully it's a good one. Beggars can't be choosers, but I can still hope.

I have been enjoying the extra time with Master. For the longest time it felt like I hardly got to see Him. And I've always wanted extra time with Him, but not like this. Not under these circumstances.

I just don't really know what to do with myself. I don't know what to suggest as far as things to do. We can't spend money, so obviously anything dealing with that is out the window. It's not nice enough outside to go for a walk, unfortunately. At least that would get both Him and I out of the house and get the dog more exercise. as well. Netflix doesn't have fuck all on it. And the things it does have we've seen a million and one times, if not more.

And so we are left trying to figure out how to entertain ourselves. 

I did make an appointment with my shrink for this Friday. It's the last day my insurance will be valid, so I might as well get the appointment in while I can. I obviously won't be able to do so again until I find a job and the insurance kicks in from that. Some places make you wait 90 days before you can have insurance. Other places it starts right away.

I'll have to figure it out once I get that far. I'm trying not to panic and I'm trying to remain calm and hopeful. That's all I really can do. Panicking or freaking out is only going to make me feel worse, especially since I know there isn't anything I can do except for what I'm already doing.

My mother keeps telling me to take it one day at a time. I'm trying to. It's not all that easy, but I'm trying to.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the job, here's hoping that interview comes through.

    What kind of job are you looking for, out of curiosity? What pay range?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. As far as what kind of job, I prefer office work. In regards to pay range, I don't feel comfortable discussing that.

    ReplyDelete