February 4, 2014

Damn Body

Well, Master still has His head cold. It seems to have moved down to His chest though. He isn't running a fever or anything like that. Just a lot of sneezing, coughing, and sinus drainage. It said that He felt a little better yesterday but then today it seems to have bitch slapped Him back into feeling like road kill. I had said that I wasn't too worried about catching it. I'm still not sure if I have. I know that sounds stupid as hell. Either you're sick or you're not.

It's just that with the way the weather has been and my going in and out of the cold it's hard to tell whether mine is just bad sinuses or if I've got a lighter version of the head cold Master has. Yesterday I couldn't stop sneezing or getting my nose to stop running. But on the way home from work I felt better. Once I got home it was back to how it was earlier in the day. That is what makes me think it's just my sinuses since it is really only reacting when the pressure changes and when I go from a warm building to it being cold outside.

Today I feel just kind of blah. I still feel stuffed up and have this pressure going on behind my left eye. But, again, I'm not sure if I'm actually sick or if my sinuses are just messing with me. My sinuses don't get bad very frequently either.

Damn body. I hate it when I can't tell what's wrong because then I don't know how the hell I should fight it. If it's just sinuses all I have to do is just pop a benadryl every once and a while. If it's the head cold Master has I'll probably still just take a benadryl every now and then but I'd still like to know. That way I can tell if I'm getting better or not.

It's the down side to having a strong immune system. When something does happen I don't know what the hell it is until it's serious.

I'm not really worried about me though. I don't care how many different kinds of hell I feel like I'll still go through the daily routine, as much as I would hate it. Unless I need to go to the ER there is really nothing I can do. My body will have to fight it off on it's own.

I worry about Master because of how His immune system is. That's the other reason why I want to know whether or not I'm sick. I don't want Him to finally get over His cold only to catch it again from me. So I guess what I'll have to do is just act like I have a cold. That way if I have it I will, hopefully, not pass it back to Him. Plus that shit tends to mutate when it jumps from one person to the other.

I feel okay right now. That pressure behind my left eye is still rather noticeable. But my nose isn't stuffed up and I am not sneezing or coughing. But better safe than sorry. Until Master gets better I'll just act as if I do have a cold. Once He's better, as long as I'm sure I don't have it, I'll be able to lighten up on that.

The sucky part is that when I have a cold I can't really have a lot of physical contact with Him such as cuddling and all that. I'll still kiss the top of His head when He's sitting down or I'll give Him a hug. But anything outside of that... yeah. Can't really do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment