February 14, 2014

Expensive Glass

Three women in my department are getting married in August, which is odd. I mean all in the same month? *shrugs*

And of course today is the Hallmark holiday that is Valentine's Day. I've never cared about it. And I'm not being one of those, "Oh I don't really care, but if you don't give me anything or do something special I'll be pissed off." types. When I say I don't care about it, I really do not care. But the other women in my department at work obviously do. They were all getting flowers and comparing them, of course. Which then led to them comparing engagement rings. And of course one of them had a bigger rock on it then the other two and immediately you could see the other two become jealous.

I'm not materialistic. I never have been and I don't see how I would ever become so. Also, when Master posted something on a social media site that was rather funny and had to deal with the whole diamonds are a girl's best friend and a dog is a man's best friend type thing. I of course don't feel that way and He knows it but it was all in good fun. And I forgot exactly how it was phrased, and I don't feel like looking it up, there was a comment about women and diamonds and how it's true they are a girl's best friend. Blah. Blah. Blah.

So I commented on how I hate diamonds. And I'm not kidding when I say that. I'm not knocking anyone who does like them. I honestly don't care.

But I commented about how they look like glass and so to me a diamond is basically a very, very expensive piece of glass. I know it's not actually glass. I'm not an idiot. I'm just saying that's how I view them.

Plus if I have a rock on my finger I would want something with character to it. Something beautiful and different. An onyx immediately comes to mind. I love onyx. Another would be a blood stone. Those are gorgeous. Like I said, something different.

No, this is not a hint that I want Master to get me one. I'm simply saying that such things make more sense to me than a diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment