April 26, 2012

Short List

There is a lot of shit going down right now. What kind of shit? Shit I won't talk about here. Master and I are fine. It's just... family related. Everyone is fine... it's just... annoying and stressful. I'll leave it at that.

It's times like these though where you find out how much you can actually rely on people. And I mean that in a good way. This situation is going to be ongoing. So I know that I'll be leaning on Master quite a bit. But thankfully He can handle that. He gets very protective and part of that protection is being able to hold both Himself and, if need be, He can hold me up.

Have you ever heard anyone say, "I wouldn't know what to do without you?" or "I'd go crazy without you?"

Yeah, those two sentences are very, very true when it comes to Master and I. We both know that when shit goes south we have the other one right there going through it with you, step by step. We have proven that time and time again.

This may sound horrible or it may sound good, I'm not sure which. But there are a total of four people, four very essential people, that keep me sane. Master is obviously one of them.

I know I'm being vague as hell and honestly I can't think of a lot I can actually write about regarding this particular subject.

So why bother posting about it?

Because in a very small way, it helped me get some of this off my chest. Also, just seeing those words: "four very essential people" is something that has been running through my head all day.

It doesn't sound like a lot of people. But when you sit down and try and think about who you know, without a shadow of doubt, that will be there when you need them and that they will know exactly how to help and can keep you going, that list shortens up rather quickly.

I consider myself lucky that my list is as long as it is. Some people have less and some don't have anyone like that at all.

4 comments:

  1. If you need to rant at somebody you know where I am :) Things haven't been the hottest here either. Drama, I am over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good thoughts your way. I hope everything can sort itself out quickly so that at least the additional stress doesn't last long!

    I'd say if you have 4 people who you know you can count on when you need them no matter what, you're doing pretty well. I doubt many people can count that many.

    ReplyDelete