April 8, 2012

Neighbors

Not a lot has been going on this weekend. It's mainly random stuff that we just feel like doing at the moment. Today we decided to go sit on the porch with the dog again for a while.

When we were out there Master went to check the mail and as He was walking back one of our neighbors started talking to him as he is constantly seeing our dog and saying how handsome he is. Well he introduced himself, his wife, and some other people. I stayed on the porch with the dog. Even though he is tethered to a metal post I don't like leaving him unattended. Granted Master could look over the bushes and see us but I'm still not comfortable with it.

Master and I don't really go out of our way to get to know our neighbors. We're friendly. We say hi and things of that nature but we don't introduce ourselves or invite people over or anything like that.

Well, while Master was talking with this guy, Mike, he told Master that he sees us all the time and would like it if we came over for a barbeque or some beer or just sit around their fire pit for a while and talk. I've never been one to really want to mingle with neighbors. It's not anything against them, it's just I've never really gone out of my way to do it. In fact, I never go out of my way to mingle.

But since this guy offered and his wife agreed that they would love to have us over, there is no harm in going over every now and then to see if we would enjoy it. He said that he would stop by and let us know in advance when that sort of thing is going to happen so we can decide whether or not we want to go over. They are literally kiddy corner from our apartment.

I hear them all the time sitting out there with their little fire going and talking. They don't get obnoxious or anything like that. They honestly seem like really nice people.

So like I said, it may be interesting to just go over at least once. The only thing I've always been wary about in such situations is that lets say we do go over there and then decide we don't really want to do it again and say, "Um, yeah... we didn't have a good time sorry." It just seems rude to me. And then you still see them every day. Maybe that's why I don't mingle with neighbors regularly. But since they seem so nice maybe it'll just be an occasional thing that we do. I don't think they'd be offended if we said no thank you ever now and then.

I may seem like a bitch and Master may seem like an asshole but we can be very polite people, believe it or not. *laughs

The other thing is that these particular neighbors have other neighbors over all the time. In fact we are one of the few tenants in this apartment complex that don't get together with other neighbors. We've always pretty much kept to ourselves.

I'm actually hoping that when we do go over there we have a good time. It'll give us an excuse to get out of the apartment without having to go far at all. Yes, we'd be 30 seconds from our apartment but it's still getting out of the apartment and going to talk to other people for a while. Aside from our families we only really have two friends. One lives in Florida now and we don't hear from him a lot. The other lives about 25 minutes away but he's always wrapped up in his own stuff and is currently planning his wedding. That is the wedding Master will be one of the best men in. I have a feeling we won't hear from him too much until it gets a lot closer. The wedding is in November, so we have a ways to go yet on that one.

Who knows, maybe hanging out with these neighbors will turn out to be fun and a good thing. They are about 15 to 20 years older than us, but that doesn't mean we couldn't have a good time. And I also don't think we'd have a hard time striking up a conversation based on that age gap. They actually seem rather happy go lucky. Although I hope they don't get offended if I turn down the beer. I've never liked beer for one and the other thing is that I can't really drink a lot of alcohol with the meds I'm on. I've always been a light weight and my meds make me into more of one. I'll have one small Jack and Coke and be tipsy as hell.

We'll have to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment