April 5, 2012

Before I Crash

I figured I should get my blog post knocked out before my eyes get even more strained than they already are.

Today was another early day at work. I've been putting in a lot of 10 to 11.5 hour days at work lately. It's finally catching up with me. I've been sleeping okay but it hasn't been enough apparently. It wasn't really a problem until today. Today I started to feel my body letting me know that it's had enough for a while. I actually got a little worried for a while there. It wasn't anything serious. I felt fine for the first hour or two of work but then my eyes started to hurt as they are more strained than they usually are. I felt weak. That's the only way I can really describe it. I felt weak and shaky. I got dizzy a couple of times. And I know it wasn't due to my blood sugar. (I'm hypoglycemic.) A woman in my department had brought in muffins for everyone today. And they were huge muffins. I had one chocolate chip on and two blueberry ones. But it didn't seem to matter. The shaky feeling didn't really fully go away until about 2pm. I was thankful for that though since I had to drive home. Driving home when I feel weak and shaky is not a good idea.

When I got home I started to relax and I'm starting to realize how worn out I am. I'm sure I look like hell, although I don't think Master would agree. But to me, I look pale and I have dark bags under my eyes. I just feel like shit basically.

I know I only work in an office but I've been bouncing between different sleep schedules depending on what time I'm actually getting up for the past month and some nights I'm only getting four hours of full sleep before the alarm goes off. I'm glad I have tomorrow off and Monday off. It'll give me time to mend myself both physically and mentally. I feel sore and tired, thank you very much medical conditions, and mentally I just feel like I'm stretched to the limit. So yeah, I need the break. I know I'm not much for conversations when I'm at home and I know that I'm not really all that reactive either. It sucks because when I'm home I want to interact with Master as much as possible. But lately I've just been brain dead by the time I walk in the door.

Thankfully He is understanding and does what He can to help me relax.

This extended weekend is just what I need right now. I know I've had some longer weekends lately, and it's been nice but these past two weeks have kicked my tail hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment