February 18, 2015

Rough Day

Today has been a really, really rough day. I don't want to get into all of it. I will just say that Master and I have been stressed the fuck out all day. It was one hit after another after another. As soon as we had one thing figured out another came around to knock us over the back of our heads. I am very happy that it is almost over. For at least the past few hours, knock on wood, there hasn't been anything new. Let's hope that it stays that way, shall we? Yes. Yes, we shall.

I had received a phone call a little while ago regarding a job I had applied to back in November. I am not even kidding you. It had been so long that I just assumed that the position had been filled. But no, it just took them that long to get the ball rolling. It is a local government job. I would be very excited to get the job. During the phone call she told me that I would need to complete a typing test and a transcription test. I have never done any actual transcribing. I had taken dictation but nothing where I am sitting there listening to a recording. But I knew that was part of the job when I applied. I knew I could do it. I readily accepted the appointment. It was the first step in the interview process. No problem.

Yesterday was the day of the testing. They wanted 60wpm for the typing test. I had 68wpm with a 99% accuracy. For the transcription test they wanted 70% accuracy. That seemed low to me. After all this is data entry. But who am I to question their requirements? *shrugs* I ended up with a 97% accuracy.

It was a group testing session. I was the first one done and when the lady printed a copy of my test scores out for me she seemed very pleased and told me that I would receive a call if they were interested.

I am not even close to kidding when I say that not even five hours later I received a call asking me to come in for an interview next week. My jaw just about dropped. I honestly didn't think that it would be that fast. I was out running errands when I got that call. It could have waited until I got home but I was so excited that I called Master immediately after. He is very happy for me and proud of me.

So while today has whooped the ever living hell out of us at least there is one good thing going on. Now, let's just hope that it pans out and I actually get the job. I'm not sure how many other steps there would be after the interview but I'm just happy that I am getting this far with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment