August 28, 2014

Preperations

(This post is technically a day late as it is being done after midnight. I asked Master if I was going to be punished and He said no since I am doing it before I go to bed. My days are running together more and more so I'm losing track of the days of the week and the dates of the month more frequently. It's highly annoying and aggravating.)

We are now starting to make preparations to start packing. It's not going to make any sense to actually start packing for a little while yet since we'll still be using everything daily. However, we started doing a little bit of sorting today. Not very much but it was a start. We threw out some more things that we won't be taking with us. We also started to designate what is going in such and such a box with what. They are just small things but at least something was getting done.

My mother has lent us three tubs (the storage tubs kind of like tupperware only huge) and I am starting to ask stores for empty boxes. I was able to get three today at our local gas station. I went to another store today to do a little bit of shopping and asked them if they had any boxes. They told me that they had just received a new shipment today and to come back again tomorrow late afternoon/early evening and ask again. The manager was kind enough to leave a note for the staff tomorrow so that they won't throw any out.

I know that you can actually buy boxes for moving but that has never, ever made sense to me. Why would I pay for empty boxes to put stuff in once just to throw them away once I'm done? I would rather go around to local stores and ask for them. I don't find it embarrassing or anything like some people might. Hey, I need boxes because I'm moving. What is so embarrassing about that?

As far as clothing I just put them in bags. There is no need to put clothing in boxes in my opinion. Bags are easier to transport anyway. The only things going in boxes are books, DVDs, CDs, fragile items, and collectables. All of the electronics, except for the TV and computer, are going in their original boxes as we always save those. The TV and computer will be wrapped in towels and are going to be safely transported in a car, as well as the other electronics, rather than in a moving truck.

Anything going in a box that is breakable will be wrapped in newspaper, which we will also get for free since my mother gets the paper and recycles them, and then marked fragile.

Really the only thing I'll have to pay for, aside from the u-haul truck rental, is a permanent marker and a roll of mailing tape and I can get both of those at the dollar store. I'm frugal aka cheap. We'll start doing things more and more now to start getting shit done and packing things up that we can go without until the move is over.

2 comments:

  1. soo nosiness...what's your new place like? do you have a garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is smaller than we are used to. It does not have a garden.

      Delete