December 23, 2014

Support System

We are both going through a lot of shit right now. A. Lot. Of. Shit. Both individually and collectively. I'm not talking about inside our marriage. We're not fighting. We're not on the brink of divorce. We're still very much in love and our marriage is strong. However, everything else that is going on is... rough. And that's an understatement. We are both doing the best we can with handling all of this shit. Again, both individually and collectively.

We do our best to be strong, not only for ourselves but for one another. Yesterday we were standing outside talking and I started to tear up a little bit about what we were discussing. I didn't break down. I didn't start weeping. It was a few tears that built up enough in my eyes to trickle down my face. As soon as Master saw that He walked over to me and gave me a big hug while kissing the top of my head.

Can I just say that I love it when He kisses the top of my head? I'm not sure why, but I find it very sweet and comforting. Especially since He is so much taller than me. (A full foot and three inches taller to be exact.) When He does that I am totally surrounded by Him and it calms me down.

I didn't cry much. A few more tears escaped and then I was fine. Well, not fine. But I wasn't crying anymore. When we got back inside He gave me another big hug.

I know that some of it will get at least a tiny bit better once the holidays are over. But it won't be fully over until some pretty major shit goes down. Such as when my grandfather is finally at peace. That poor old man is still here, suffering. Once he is at peace we will all have to hold our breathe to see if everything is going to go smoothly or if world ware three breaks out within my family. I can hope for the first but prepare myself for the latter.

The other parts are not so easily measured. The stuff with my family has a time frame, sort of. The other shit? Not so much. That is basically going to have to play itself out.

All I know is that we are both lucky to have one another. A lot of people are in relationships and a lot of people are in marriages, but not all of those relationships/marriages are healthy. Not all of them have two people that are willing to stand together regardless of what they are facing. We are lucky to have both of those things. We are our own support system.

While we are normally venting about the same thing to one another and are on the same side regarding that topic, it still helps to say things out loud and have someone there.

2 comments:

  1. I think about your relationship when i'm day dreaming of my own, ha. been following for a *fare* while and thoroughly inspired by how you two treat each other and have stayed in love/liking each other.

    ReplyDelete