September 13, 2010

The Early Bird...

.. gets extremely cranky, and says "Fuck the worm."

For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I not a morning person. Not even a little bit.

As long as I've been at my current job I've been getting up somewhere between 6am and 6:10am. It sucks, but I can do it and be okay.

Well last week MZ, the driver in my carpool to and from work, said that her department is on mandatory overtime starting this week. So this week she was just going to go in on Saturday and call it done. Next week she wouldn't be able to do that because she is going out of town for the weekend, and so wanted to either stay late, or start early that week. Eventually we all decided that starting early would be easier, because who the hell wants to stay past the time you know you normally clock out at. So okay, I knew next week was going to suck ass.

Today she sent us an e-mail stating that she had changed her mind. She didn't want to come in this weekend either. Instead she wants to come to work early this week as well. Fuck.

With little to no warning, that really sucks.

So starting tomorrow I'll be getting up at 5:30am for the rest of this week, and all of next week. Blah.

It doesn't sound like much of a difference, I mean it is only a half hour. But that's a half hour of sleep I could really use. So blah blah blah, and blah some more.

I wouldn't care as much if I could clock in when we got there and get some overtime as well. But nope. I'm still in my probationary period in my new position, so I can't do overtime without approval. And guess what? My supervisor is out of the office. On top of that, I don't think he's going to approve it for an hour each day. I know, that whole getting up only a half hour early shouldn't equal getting to work an hour sooner, but it does because of the lack of traffic. The traffic is kind of nasty on the way to work at the hour we normally leave. You take that away and it's like we get to work in no time flat.

I mean yes my department is busy right now, but not 5+ hours extra for the newbie type busy.

So that sucks.

Plus I'm going to be tired as hell by the time I get home from work, which means I'll probably be passing out on the couch sooner each night, which means less time with my Husband, which also sucks.

I can't just take our car because that means two things: 1) More gas out of our gas tank, which doesn't make any sense just so I can sleep an extra half hour. and 2) Master is hoping to hear back about His potential job this week and He'll need the car.

I like my carpool. I do. It makes my life easier most of the time. But this sucks. I don't really think it's the loss of sleep that's really bothering me. It's the whole being at work longer and not being able to pad the paycheck a little that is ticking me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment