July 2, 2010

Start of a Three Day Weekend

Master got a call today asking Him to come in on Monday to pick up some paperwork so He could go to His drug test. So, He has the job! It's just the formality of going through the drug test on Monday.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I had woken up with a good feeling about today, and apparently that feeling was right. :-)

So that only boosted my confidence when I went to go speak to my business manager about the possibility of transferring to a different department. I had e-mailed her shortly after I got to work and asked if we could please meet at some point this morning.

She e-mailed me back about an hour later telling me what time it would be okay to stop by. (It amazes me on some level that this woman has any sanity left, she's always extremely busy. But she seems to thrive in it.)

So I headed to her office and we discussed it. She asked me which position I was interested in, and she told me about another one that was open that I may be a good fit for. She then asked me why I wanted to change departments. I simply told her that I can't see doing my job for the next 10 - 15 years and that there is no room for advancement withing my department since both trainers and the supervisor have been there quite a while and seem to be planning to retire, and there is no where up from my position.

So she said, "You're looking for some professional growth then?" To which I said yes.

She told me that she would talk to my supervisor to see how I am as an employee within his department and get back to me about whether or not she feels I would be a good fit for either of the two positions.

So here's hoping. :-) Let's also hope it's a good move. *laughs* I don't think I'll end up regretting this decision to be asked to move, but I might. You never know.

Once I got home from work Master and I ate dinner and then took Radar outside to be brushed. I started to crash then, because I had been pretty hyped/hyped all day. It had finally caught up with me. So Master allowed me to take an hour and a half nap.

However, when I woke up from said nap and started doing this post my stomach started to hurt. Apparently I am not feeling well at all, as I've had to pause from doing this post a good three times at this point.

So I'm going to end this post here and just and get my system to relax a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment