June 14, 2013

Nose Dive

I finally have an excuse to use this icon! Okay, it's not actually a good thing. But still.... it's kinda funny.

Today started off well enough. We relaxed and had a good day. We did some minor bumming around and sat outside for a while. So yeah, it was a pretty good day. Until about 9:30pm tonight. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is when the day took a very violent and unexpected nose dive. Anyone want to guess what caused it? Anyone? Hmmm? Bueller? ... Okay fine, I'll tell you. Geeze. Y'all give up too easily.

It was His mother. Honestly, most of the time if shit nose dives around here, it's because of His mother.

Anyway, we have had plans to go out to brunch with His mother for His birthday for about a week to a week and a half now. Honestly, neither of us really wanted to go because we didn't want to deal with her, but we agreed to the plan. A day later it turned into "Yes it's still about your birthday.. but... if you could say happy father's day to my husband that would mean a lot because x, y,z."

Um. Okay? So then it was a celebration of Master's birthday and father's day for her husband. (Her husband does have children but they live in a different state.) It was still supposed to mainly be about Master's birthday though. So okay, fine, whatever.

Tonight.. well.. she basically tried to make Master's birthday as being only a minor fraction of why we were going out to brunch with them.

Apparently, all last minute and shit, one of her husband's kids and said kid's wife were coming down to surprise him and they would be joining us also as they were still going to be in town. Now, part of the reason I don't buy this "last minute" shit is because no one decides to go out of state at the last minute and just let the people they will be staying with know only a day in advance. That shit just doesn't happen unless it's some kind of emergency. So, I think she knew most of this time and was just holding it back before telling us until she thought we had no time or room to back out. Also, she said they wouldn't be getting in until Friday and then surprising her husband at his job. Um, bitch.. it is Friday. Nice try though.

When we first saw the message I gave Master a big hug. What kind of mother, and I use the term loosely, puts their own child's birthday behind everything else and expect him to just accept it and still show up and bite his tongue. Fuck you lady. I know Master is a grown ass man, but still.. a mother shouldn't do that. Ever.

After the long hug I asked Master not to write her back right away and to just think before responding. Why? It sure in the hell wasn't because I didn't want Him going off on her. I just didn't want Him to have the knee jerk reaction of just saying fine to shut her the fuck up. He has done that, and this time I just wanted Him to take a step back and think about it for a moment.

I went off to take my shower and when I was done we talked about it. And He decided to cancel the plans with her. We shouldn't have to end our weekend on that sour note simply because we want to shut her up and He sure in the hell shouldn't have to deal with that the day before His birthday.

Master, I must say, politely declined and said we should just reschedule. Could that whore let it go? Nope. She had to throw herself on the cross and become the martyr she loves being in order to get her way. Master wasn't having it. He didn't lay into her or anything. He didn't even really bring up the whole, "You're the one putting my birthday on the back burner," thing. He just simply said that he doesn't want to deal with the wife of her husband's son. Which is also true. She is the one that was flirting with Him at this past Thanksgiving and giving me dagger eyes when she wasn't too busy ignoring me completely. He also brought up a few other key points about that particular individual.

They had a couple of messages back and forth like that. But when it was clearly obvious, even to her, that Master had put His foot down about it she still had to have the last word... and I quote... "I'm sorry you feel that way."

So now we have the whole weekend to ourselves and don't have to worry about dealing with any of it.

We have recovered from said nose dive though. We're not all pissy and shit. We've actually been talking about it and laughing. But at that moment it was a nose dive. I feel like we finally won one with her. And I wish I didn't feel that way. I wish I didn't have to feel that way. But the fact is that it's true. Stupid cunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment