June 23, 2013

Fast Forward

Well.... this weekend fucking flew by. It was a good weekend though. It was a shit ton of running around but it was still a good one. I enjoyed seeing everyone we visited.

Today I slept in later than I intended. Then again, I normally do on Sundays. I just might have to start setting up a late morning alarm so I don't sleep until fucking noon. I mean, it's great to be able to know that I can. But then my whole damn Sunday is gone. For instance, right now I can't believe it's already 7:45pm. And it's not like we did anything to make time fly by. Master has played His video games on and off. I've played Candy Crush on and off. We watched a movie. I had to run to the gas station to put gas in the car so I don't have to do it tomorrow before work.

We put together a grill. My mother had bought a small one as a belated birthday present for Master. It's like a camping sized one basically. But it's a really nice two-tiered design with legs that fold. It took a little longer to put together than we originally thought, but it's awesome. We wanted to use it tonight but it was too damn hot outside to sit right next to a grill. As a result we ended up just getting drive-thru and calling it a day.

Master was kind enough to work on my back after dinner. It feels a lot better now. I was a little crabby because it was just so damn tense. I feel better though. I don't feel grumpy.

It sucks that we all spend most of our lives wanting to hit a fast forward button. We want to fast forward through our work hours so we can go home. We want to fast forward to the weekend so we don't have to deal with work bullshit for two days. We want to fast forward to a vacation, if you are going to be taking one. That's kind of the way I feel now. It's not even Monday morning and I already want to skip this week. It's going to be a long one, I know that already. But after this work week I only have a three day work week thanks to Independence Day. We get the 4th off, which happens to land on a Thursday this year. And since the following day is my half day I just took that off.

*sigh* Where is that damn remote anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment