March 1, 2013

Nerd Fest

Okay, my nerdness has caught up with me yet again. I was browsing the web and came across this really kick ass font that I absolutely love. So I did a shit ton of digging and found out what font it actually is. I then found it, downloaded it, and applied it to the computer. Now, I want to use it for the blog title and things of that nature. You know, some tweaking. But, since it's not a font that is on every computer (obviously) it won't show up correctly on the website and I'm not good enough at coding to get it to work correctly. Fuck. So then I came up with the brilliant idea of using images to get the look I was going for.

That didn't work out. I made the image for the blog title but then I couldn't get the fucking thing to sit where I wanted it to. I dicked with it for at least an hour and a half before scrapping the whole idea.

So then I decided, okay I'll just use a normal font that is on every computer. So I started playing with that and while yes, I can make it work, I cannot seem to find the font I want to change it to. Most likely because I have that other font that I can't get to work stuck in my head. Damn you brain!

I just get so damn obsessive about stupid shit like that sometimes that it drives me crazy. (More so than usual.)

Master allowed me to nerd the hell out until about midnight last night at which point He told me it was time to go to bed. I think I had been at it for about a good three hours or so and got absolutely no where with it.

Now, the crazy solution would be to find a blog template that I could more easily manipulate. But that takes finding a new layout that I love as much as I do this one. I've been there, done that. And while yes, I toyed with the idea of it, I ended up keeping this one.

I don't know. I guess I just haven't had a really good, long nerd fest in a long time and so it's biting me in the ass now and not letting go.

I would ask Master His opinion but typically when it comes to the blog it's all up to me. If He really doesn't like something, that's one thing. But other wise it's all in my lap. Sometimes when that happens and I can't make up my mind on it I feel a momentary "oh shit" moment.

So, let the nerd fest begin. Sorry if shit doesn't look quite right or completely different from time to time when you bounce onto here to read. Try to stick it out... Knowing me it'll most likely just stay how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment