August 24, 2011

It's One of Those...

It's one of those journal prompt days.

How do you avoid burnout? How do you speak up if there is too much on your plate?

Well the easiest answers are: "I'm not very good at avoiding a burnout. I do not really speak up when there is too much on my plate unless I absolutely have to."

Wouldn't be much of a post if I ended it there, would it? Yeah. I didn't think so.

Burnout for me can either take almost no time at all and I know that I have too much on my plate right away. As a result I don't keep burning myself out. There is no more need to try and handle it all myself. After that I can relax and feel more comfortable with what I have to do/deal with.

On the other hand there are the times where I just keep going, and going and going.. until I crash about three weeks later and I'm not really sure of the reason. Well, at least not just any one reason.

I can't really seem to avoid getting burned out. At least not very often. Normally I don't even notice there is too much on my plate until I crash and burn. Then I'm like.."Oh yeah. Huh."

I'm not sure why. It may be because I'm a rapid cycling bipolar or maybe it's just because that's how I am. Maybe both. Some people may argue the fact and say that I'm just afraid to ask for help. I'm not. It's just that I am so focused on the shit that needs to get done I don't normally even think to ask for help. I become so focused on the shit inside my head and/or what's in front of me that I get tunnel vision.

There are other times though that it is just so damn obvious that I am overwhelmed with a task/thought pattern I ask for help right away. But I do have to say those are few and far between.

No comments:

Post a Comment