April 25, 2013

Back At Home

Well today went a lot better than yesterday, although not entirely smoothly. I, of course, couldn't go to work today due to the car still being in the shop.

I called as soon as they opened and confirmed what the guesstimate was. They wanted the down payment before they could start on it. I took a stab in the dark and asked if I could make that payment over the phone so that I wouldn't have to scramble to find a ride that early in the morning and so I wouldn't have to sit down there until it was done. Much to my surprise she said that would be fine. Rock on. So she told me that she would call me later on in the morning to give me an update. And right around 10am she called to tell me that it was in fact what they thought it was so the price she had quoted me yesterday would in fact be the cost. It is still a pretty penny but it could have been so much worse.

I gave my verbal authorization over the phone for them to move forward with the repair. It was done around 2pm and she called me again to tell me that the work was all finished. I had her run the complete payment over the phone as well just so I knew it was taken care of while I tried to find a ride out there.

As soon as I got off the phone with the shop I called my neighbor who had picked me up yesterday. Surprisingly enough she was home and able to take me there. I was so happy! And the drive home in my car was so much smoother and went very well.

When I got home I got a text message from a family member who is a mechanic. He asked me how long it had been since I had a full transmission flush. I told him I honestly had no idea. So he told me to get one done as soon as possible.

Since I had that padding left over I called my normal shop and quoted me a price I could afford. So I asked when I could come in and they said if I left immediately they could sneak me in. So off I went again. I stayed down there while they worked on it. It took about an hour and a half. Then I was finally able to go home and stay there for the night.

I have to say that I am sore as hell from sitting in mechanic shops the past two days. The chairs, regardless of which shop, are not comfortable at all. Master worked on my back last night which made it feel a lot better but now that I spent another hour and a half in an uncomfortable chair, it's not feeling too hot. Plus stress makes me muscles tense up and when you have fibromyalgia, it really fucking sucks.

But the important thing is that it's all done and taken care of. Hopefully the car will behave herself for a nice long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment